11400 NE Sacramento St.
Portland, OR 97220
Phone: (503) 408-2800
Fax: (503) 408-2840
Welcome to Sacramento Elementary 2015 - 2016 School Year!
Office Hours: 7:30 - 4 pm, Monday through Friday
Office and Attendance Line: (503) 408-2800
Please call the attendance line every day that your child is sick and will not be attending school.
Sacramento Elementary School is a respectful community that values diversity. We partner with families to educate and inspire students in a positive and safe learning environment. We use ‘best practice’ strategies to ensure all students meet their highest potential and become lifelong learners.
Parkrose Elementary :
- M,T,TH,F classes will begin at 8:40 a.m. end at 3:10 p.m.
- Wednesday is early-release. Classes begin at 8:40 a.m. end at 12:40 p.m.
Please do not drop off your student before 8:30 a.m. as there is no adult supervision before that time.
Parking Lot Arrival / Dismissal
- Thank you to those following rules and staff directions. These have been developed over time, with input from staff and families, in response to dangerous situations.
- When we ALL follow procedures we keep all of our children safer.
- Consider walking and/or biking with your child.
- Consider carpooling to reduce the number of cars at arrival and dismissal.
- Respect our neighbors and keep their driveways clear.
- Walk your children across Sacramento at all places.
- Do not park in designated yellow curbs or marked bus zones.
- Use our parking lot pull-through procedure. It is the safest and we think the fastest.
- Email Karen Justice with constructive ideas and suggestions.
Dress Code Reminders:
Please be sure your child is dressed for learning and safety
- Closed toed shoes - no flip flops
- Shirt straps the width of lasagna, not spaghetti
- Dress and shirts with backs - no halter tops
- Shorts and skirts longer than the child's fingertips when their arms are hanging loosely by their sides
- Hats are not worn in school except on special hat days or outside on the playground during recess
- IMPORTANT : " HEAD LICE "
Take advantage of these FREE Resources:
- Khan Academy - all 4th (moving into 5th) graders already have an account and just need to log into their school gmail account before accessing or you can set up an account for your student.
- Cool Math Games - Games using math skills
- Common Core Standards
- Message for parents from the Oregon Department of Education
- Parent Guides for Grade Levels K-5
- FreeRice - Vocabulary and grammar practice - donates rice to World Hunger as you play!
- StarFall - Primary grades - Letter and Reading practice
- Battle of the Books - Have your 3rd-5th grader read one or more of these books this summer to get a jump-start on the competition coming up next school year!
- Equity Policy https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=35362517
- Board Goals https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?ik=34438107
- Oregon School Boards Association Selected Sample Policy
Stay connected to our Sacramento and Parkrose Community through:
- Sacramento Parent List Serve: Sign up here to receive school updates, newsletters and emails http://lists.parkrose.k12.or.us/mailman/listinfo/sacramento-announce
- Monthly Parent PTO Meetings: First Wednesday of every month 7:00pm (childcare provided)
- Parkrose Facebook Page
- Sacramento Elementary Facebook Page
- Emergency Messages and/or News Alerts: Flash Alert
- Parkrose Twitter
- CAP Plan
- Parkrose Fall
PARENTS & GUARDIANS
SafeSchools Training is an online compliance management system that allows school districts across the state of Oregon to easily train staff members on school-related safety issues to demonstrate state and federal compliance with safety mandates. SafeSchools courses have been authored by nationally renowned experts, and has been endorsed by a number of school boards and superintendent associations nationwide.
As a district parent, you may register to take suggested training for Child Abuse, Sexual Conduct: Staff-to-Student, Volunteer Orientation and Bullying: Recognition and Response
Here is the link to register and create an account.
Once you have registered, you may access the courses at the link below and it will look like the picture at the bottom of this page.
Your participation will help to make your child’s school district a safer place to work and learn!